'Where the wild things are' , by Maurice Sendak.
The book itself is legendary and I'm sure you've probably read it.
But its the illustrations that make it what it is. I used to be fascinated by them , i still am. You can sit and stare at them and sucked into the book completely , or at least i used to be able to :)

If thats not enough the film is written and directed by Spike Jonze, but thats not all....
the sound track is is courtesy of Karen O, the singer and her band-mates have teamed up with Raconteurs and one of Lily Allen's songwriters for a soundtrack inspired by, get this, Cat Steven's.
Still don't think this is enough to beat wonderland?
Tom hanks is producing the film and Forest Whitaker is staring .
This film sounds like it was made just for me :)
The film follows the imaginary adventures of a young boy named Max, who is angry when his mother, Connie , invites her boyfriend over. After causing one mischievous antic after another, he is sent to his room without supper. Feeling angry and unloved, he then creates a forest bordering a massive ocean, and sails away to an island inhabited by seven imaginary monsters called the Wild Things, who crown him as their ruler.
I copied that of Wiki, i admit.
Its due for uk release on the 11th December and its set to be a right belter :)

Alice in wonderland can go fuck itself, as far as i am concerned.




I'M COMING WITH YOU!
ReplyDeleteI love this book, and Karen O on the soundtrack, fuck me i'm already there! I love her!
But your still coming to see Alice with me too, i mean come on it's a BURTON!
xx
I mean i'll still go see wonderbra
ReplyDeletebut it wont be as good :)